After School & Sports Clubs
Green Lane Primary Academy offers a wide range of extra-curricular activities to the children throughout their time in school.
Our after school clubs change on a termly basis. We will inform you via the school app when new clubs are starting so that places can be filled for the term ahead. Places can be booked and paid for using ParentPay. Our TLR for PE and Extended Schools is Mr R. Baldwin.
The extra-curricular ‘clubs’ were created with the aims and philosophy of the Academy in mind.
In particular, the Academy seeks:
- To develop the individual to achieve his or her full potential
- To develop social awareness, group responsibility and empathy
- To extend individual talents and interests
- To encourage all children to engage fully with the life and work of the Academy
At Green Lane Primary Academy, we see many benefits in providing a varied programme of extra-curricular activities.
These benefits are illustrated as follows:
Children of various age groups and backgrounds join together to share ideas, skills and experiences. They meet with other children who are not necessarily in their peer group and so this widens their social horizons. Children are able to build relationships with staff, both teaching and non-teaching, who they do not normally meet during the school day.
Likewise, staff, both teaching and non-teaching, have an opportunity to meet and work with children from a wide range of age groups.
In these extra- curricular activities, staff and children can build upon their interests, expertise and experiences by sharing their skills and knowledge with others. At the same time, other members of the school community are able to develop new interests and try out new skills and experiences.
- Extra-curricular activities can provide opportunities to engage pupils and therefore have a positive impact on progress and achievement in the classroom
- Extra-curricular activities provide all members of the school community opportunities to be together
- Children who may not enjoy academic success are able to achieve success in other areas
- Clubs provide many opportunities for developing social skills
A wide range of activities are offered throughout the year. They are mostly staffed by our own teachers and support staff and on occasions by external providers e.g. Musicians, Dance Teachers, Qualified Coaches etc. All staff running coaching activities will be in possession of a current DBS Check.
Most of the extra-curricular activities in the form of ‘School Clubs’ take place before, during or after school. Certain activities, such as the school choir, which is seen partly as an extra-curricular activity, may take place in school time if cover can be arranged for class teachers. However, the choir often performs at events in the evening or on a Saturday.
We have an experienced PE TLR whose role includes:
- The day to day administration of; clubs, extra-curricular and extended school activities
- Providing advice and support on PE planning and delivery of the curriculum
- Liaising with local sporting collaboratives e.g. Middlesbrough Schools Teaching Alliance/ Acklam Schools Sports Partnership